Appetite awareness can be a complex concept to introduce & explore with our clients, particularly given the cultural narratives around hunger, fullness, food, eating and bodies.
Build skills & confidence with this short course which will step you through each stage you might cover with your clients, from concepts to practice. We'll dig into some of the tripping points of each step, and I'll offer some tips on navigating some of the trickier discussions we may have.
This course includes:
- Approx x 1 hr total audio recording of all material, guiding you through each step
- Appetite Awareness reflection script, and audio recording
- Appetite Awareness activities you can use with both individuals & groups - pick up and run with it!
- Hunger-fullness "scales" of various styles, to adapt and use as suitable for your clients or groups. Both blank & examples of completed worksheets provided.
- Satiety scales - blank and examples of completed worksheets provided
- Downloadable printed copies of all materials, including copies of the slides used.
- Resources for further reading & exploring
After this course you will leave with:
- A sound understanding of how hunger, fullness & satiety intersect, and inter-relate
- More confidence in having conversations about appetite in the context of your clients lived experience
- Insights into facilitating appetite awareness activities with individuals & groups
- Resources you can take into practice with you, straight away
- Recordings you can come back to, whenever you like to refresh on any of these ideas, concepts and practices.
25% off Mindful Eating Skills short course with the purchase of this course
Fiona is an Accredited Practising Dietitian, Director of The Mindful Dietitian and host of The Mindful Dietitian Podcast. She has been practising for 20 years primarily in the areas of eating behaviour, eating disorders, body image, sports nutrition & education/training. Fiona has been actively integrating the Non Diet Approach into Dietetic practice for 15 years, and is passionate about supporting Health Professionals to develop skills in understanding more about the complexities of client presentations, and how we can shift from a focus on weight, to wellbeing.
Fiona is a dedicated mindfulness practitioner and Yoga Teacher, bringing a particular emphasis on mindful eating and the intersection of food environment, eating psychology and body image into her work and training. She has trained in MBSR (Mindfulness Based Stress Reduction), MSC (Mindful Self Compassion) and MB-EAT (Mindfulness Based Eating Awareness Training). Fiona is guest lecturer within the Masters level Dietetics courses at Deakin, La Trobe and Swinburne Universities, speaking specifically to the areas of eating behaviour, Body Image, counselling skills and the Non Diet Approach.
Fiona has been a guest on the podcasts Food Psych, Love, Food, Nutrition Matters, RD Real Talk, Don't Salt My Game, Body Love & The Body Image Podcast
Other courses available at The Mindful Dietitian include:
Mindful Eating Essentials
Eating Disorders in Sport
Body Positive in Sport (available as a bundle with ED in Sport)
Mindfulness for Dietitians