Mindfulness for Dietitians
Bring Presence to your practice
What does "mindfulness" actually mean when it comes to Dietetic practice?
How can we use mindfulness as a powerful strategy to be more effective in our work?
Mindfulness is a practice rooted in ancient wisdom traditions which we can use to build skills in awareness, insight, clarity & presence in our day-to-day interactions with clients, colleagues and our community.
This short webinar will step you through:
- Mindfulness defined - in the most broad and simple way
- Specifically how mindfulness supports us to view our experiences with greater clarity & honesty
- How being able to tune in to yourself, and others offers opportunities for others to do the same and thus, enhance wellbeing outcomes.
- Recognising that the work we do can be tough, and we often need support in ways that we may not be aware of.
- Steps you can take from here to continue your learning.
Fiona is an Accredited Practising Dietitian, Director of The Mindful Dietitian and host of The Mindful Dietitian Podcast. She has been practising for 20 years primarily in the areas of eating behaviour, eating disorders, body image, sports nutrition & education/training. Fiona has been actively integrating the Non Diet Approach into Dietetic practice for 15 years, and is passionate about supporting Health Professionals to develop skills in understanding more about the complexities of client presentations, and how we can shift from a focus on weight, to wellbeing.
Fiona is a dedicated mindfulness practitioner and Yoga Teacher, bringing a particular emphasis on mindful eating and the intersection of food environment, eating psychology and body image into her work and training. She has trained in MBSR (Mindfulness Based Stress Reduction), MSC (Mindful Self Compassion) and MB-EAT (Mindfulness Based Eating Awareness Training). Fiona is guest lecturer within the Masters level Dietetics courses at Deakin, La Trobe and Swinburne Universities, speaking specifically to the areas of eating behaviour, Body Image, counselling skills and the Non Diet Approach.
Fiona has been a guest on the podcasts Food Psych, Love, Food, Nutrition Matters, RD Real Talk, Don't Salt My Game, Body Love & The Body Image Podcast